Job Title: Programmer Analyst I – MicroStrategy
By admin -
February 3, 2018
Job Title: Programmer Analyst I – MicroStrategy
Department: Business Intelligence
Job Type: Full – Time
Experienced Business Intelligence developer who can support our data analytical needs by designing, developing, and deploying business intelligence and reporting solutions by integrating with data warehouses and enterprise applications. You will develop and deliver POCs and implementation of projects from a hands-on approach. Should be able to solve complex data-centric problems through analytical thinking. You will research, evaluate, architect, and deploy new tools, frameworks, and patterns to build and develop sustainable Business Intelligence solutions.
- Closely follows the direction set by delivery management and senior team members to achieve common goals. Assist senior team members in collecting client requirements; analyze requirements, configuration, testing and validation of the software application.
- Need to understand and translate client needs into business and technology solutions via documentation, analysis, design and/or development of best practice business changes.
- Act as liaison between senior consultants and client users to provide support, communications regarding project updates, preparation, data analysis, documentation and training.
- Implements user access controls and data security measures where appropriate.
- Anticipates opportunities for improvement; outlines and identifies alternate solutions and presents to management for final approval and implementation
- Develops and performs system testing and fixes defects identified during testing and re-executes unit tests to validate results
- Assists with design and architecting efforts including low and high fidelity wireframes and mockups prior to report or dashboard development
- Creates and maintains documentation of processes, reports, applications, and procedures as per department policy.
- Learn and support of technology implementations from a technical perspective including data cleansing, conversions, specifications documentation, systems configuration and testing tasks.
- Be a team player, able to work with minimal supervision yet also should be able to collaborate with local, remote teams with multiple departments.
- Good at interfacing with the client on a professional and consultative level.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Analysis, design, development and implementation of new reporting requirements and providing estimates to support timelines and deliverables.
- Installing, configuring MicroStrategy version 10.x product Suites including Developer, Web, Intelligent Server, Distribution Services, Office, Narrowcast, SDK, Mobile, SSO integration etc.
- Administrating the MicroStrategy Intelligent Server, Web Server, Mobile Server, Narrowcast Server, Distribution Services and using utilities like Enterprise manager, Object Manager, Integrity Manager etc.
- Administering MicroStrategy platforms in Linux and windows environments.
- Designing advanced dashboards, design & configuring mobile reporting and designing Visual Insight reports for self-service analytics
- Configuring MicroStrategy Library and design, build and deploy MicroStrategy dossiers.
- Designing and developing visually appealing, informative Mobile Dashboards for tablets and phone devices (android and iOS).
- Developing advanced reporting and dashboards with integrating various d3.js visualizations and various map widgets (like google maps, esri etc.) for geo-spatial analysis
- Configuring MicroStrategy on Hadoop data stores like Hive, Impala, HDFS and designing reporting solutions.
- Embedding MicroStrategy reporting in portals like salesforce, SharePoint etc.
- Designing and building grids, graphs, scorecards, standard reports and dashboards.
- Creating and/or enhancing report objects, metrics, filters and prompts.
- Validating report results against requirement deliverables for accuracy.
- Troubleshooting and analyzing data issues within reports
- Troubleshooting the performance issues with creating and scheduling cubes and caches.
- Creating complex reporting objects using Relationship filters, Metric dimensionalities, Nested Prompts, Hierarchy Filters, Consolidations, Custom Groups, Free form SQL, Query builder.
- Required – Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or closely related or equivalent
- Preferred – Master’s degree in Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science, Big Data or Analytics or equivalent
- Open to travel based up on the nature of the engagement
Equal Employment Opportunity
DataFactZ employment does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or any other basis as covered by federal, state, or local law.
Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business needs.