Job Title: Programmer Analyst I
By admin -
February 4, 2018
Job Title: Programmer Analyst I – Microsoft (SQL Server, SSRS, SSAS, PowerBI)
Department: Business Intelligence
Job Type: Full – Time
Experienced Business Intelligence developer who can support our data analytical needs by designing, developing, and deploying business intelligence and reporting solutions by integrating with data warehouses and enterprise applications. Should be able to solve complex data-centric problems through analytical thinking. You will research, evaluate, architect, and deploy new tools, frameworks, and patterns to build and develop sustainable Business Intelligence solutions.
- Closely follows the direction set by delivery management and senior team members to achieve common goals. Assist senior team members in collecting client requirements; analyze requirements, configuration, testing and validation of the software application.
- Need to understand and translate client needs into business and technology solutions via documentation, analysis, design and/or development of best practice business changes.
- Act as liaison between senior consultants and client users to provide support, communications regarding project updates, preparation, data analysis, documentation and training.
- Implements user access controls and data security measures where appropriate.
- Anticipates opportunities for improvement; outlines and identifies alternate solutions and presents to management for final approval and implementation
- Develops and performs system testing and fixes defects identified during testing and re-executes unit tests to validate results
- Assists with design and architecting efforts including low and high fidelity wireframes and mockups prior to report or dashboard development
- Creates and maintains documentation of processes, reports, applications, and procedures as per department policy.
- Learn and support of technology implementations from a technical perspective including data cleansing, conversions, specifications documentation, systems configuration and testing tasks.
- Be a team player, able to work with minimal supervision yet also should be able to collaborate with local, remote teams with multiple departments.
- Good at interfacing with the client on a professional and consultative level.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience with SQL Server (2008/2012/2016) and Visual Studio with utilities like SQL Server Management Studio, Data Tools, Team Foundation Services etc.
- Installation and configuration of SQL Server Data Tools (formerly BIDS) product Suite
- Ability to create SSAS cubes on top of a data warehouse using SQL Server Analysis Services
- Implement SSAS cubes with multi-dimensional and/or tabular models with strong knowledge on creating MDX and DAX queries
- Ability to model data, and create KPIs, Measures, calculated members, hierarchies and custom rollups.
- Implementation of role based security and cube perspectives
- Creation of partitioning and cube processing workflows for full and differential processing
- Prior experience working on Power Pivot, Power Query, Power View and Power Maps
- Ability to create informative, visually stunning and impressive SSRS reports and Power BI dashboards
- Implementation of Power BI workspaces and Apps for securely distributing and sharing dashboards
- Embedding SSRS and Power BI reports in websites and portals
- Designing and building of grids, graphs, scorecards, KPIs for dashboards.
- Ability to create Power BI data gateways and security configurations for report access
- Creation of SSRS/Power BI subscriptions and other tools specific report delivery mechanisms
- Validating report results against requirement deliverables for accuracy.
- Troubleshooting and analyzing data issues within reports
- Troubleshooting the performance issues with creating and scheduling cubes and caches.
- Required – Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or closely related or equivalent
- Preferred – Master’s degree in Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science, Big Data or Analytics or equivalent
- Open to travel based up on the nature of the engagement
Equal Employment Opportunity
DataFactZ employment does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or any other basis as covered by federal, state, or local law.
Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business needs.