Job Title: Data Scientist
By admin -
February 3, 2018
Job Title: Data Scientist
Department: Data Science
Job Type: Full – Time
The Data Scientist leads the team in developing sophisticated predictive models, mining large data sets for insights, building scalable data products, and growing the overall Data Science capability. This individual serves as the senior member on project teams, often creating solutions from scratch, or, applying known and proven techniques effectively. This role is well versed in multiple analytical techniques, and can seamlessly transition between projects, data types, and problems.
- Closely follows the direction set by delivery management and senior team members to achieve common goals. Assist senior team members in collecting client requirements; analyze requirements, configuration, testing and validation of the software application.
- Works closely with the Data Engineering and Product teams to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Decomposes problem statements into specific deliverables and requirements.
- Supports the Product Owners in developing sprint goals and roadmaps.
- Continuously scans the Data Science landscape for recent developments and opportunities to ingrate new methodologies into the existing project portfolio.
- Creates presentations and delivers results to colleagues, stakeholders and executive leadership.
- Leads peer review sessions and collaborative exercises to build the team’s overall analytical capability.
- Performs data aggregations, joins, manipulations, and cleaning to ensure data integrity throughout the entire analytical process.
- Applies supervised and unsupervised modeling techniques to data to generate predictions and uncover patterns.
- Develops hypothesis statements and applies statistical testing to determine causality and generalize observations.
- Solves problems by applying a variety of predictive modeling/machine learning/deep learning techniques.
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of the current analytical landscape, including emergent technologies and methods.
- Be a team player, able to work with minimal supervision yet also should be able to collaborate with local, remote teams with multiple departments.
- Good at interfacing with the client on a professional and consultative level.
Skills and Experience Required:
- An advanced understanding of supervised and unsupervised learning techniques including; variable selection, feature engineering, model generation, model diagnostics, and deployment.
- Excellent statistical skills that are grounded in a thorough understanding of testing and frequentist/Bayesian methodologies.
- Prior working experience in design and developing analysis techniques that uncovers patterns, trends and anomalies in large scale data using regression analysis, queue modeling, machine learning, and neural networks
- Experienced in working with large amount of data stored either in relational databases, NoSQL databases or Hadoop environment and also variety of API/RESTful services
- Prior work experience in using advanced programming languages like either R, Python, or similar analytical language
- Prior work experience in using Matlab or SAS
- Experience with state of the art techniques such as AI and Deep Learning.
- Advanced knowledge of Apache Spark (Spark Machine Learning, Spark SQL, and Spark Streaming).
- Working experience in using various cloud environments such as AWS and Azure.
- Intermediate understanding of software development and collaboration, including experience with tools such as Git.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, comfortable presenting in front of large audiences.
- A basic understanding of agile methodologies and continuous delivery.
- Excellent data visualization skills to be able to determine the appropriate visualization for a variety of data types and create compelling stories with data.
- A proven track record of leading successful projects and driving measurable, viable results using Data Science techniques.
- Required – Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or closely related or equivalent
- Preferred – Master’s degree in Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science, Big Data or Analytics or equivalent
- Open to travel based up on the nature of the engagement
Equal Employment Opportunity
DataFactZ employment does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or any other basis as covered by federal, state, or local law.
Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business needs.