With 2016 winding down, we at DataFactZ have taken a step back to reflect on all that was accomplished this year. It has been a year of growth and expansion for us, and we hope that you will celebrate all the things we’re looking forward to in 2017 with us!
We have New Technology Partners this Year
DataFactZ is devoted to expanding its capabilities and expertise in all of the latest data and analytics tech trends. So we’ve added new technology partners to bring our customers the most leading edge solutions to customers across all industries.
Our new partners include:
- IBM – We’ve partnered with IBM to deliver real-time analytics services through the IBM zSystems mainframe to offer better services to our customers. From identifying and preventing fraud in the financial industry, to 360 degrees of customer insights for retail, to gaining a competitive edge in the insurance industry, among others.
- DataStax – DataFactZ is a featured DataStax partner, working to provide consulting services to deploy big data projects in a variety of industries.
- Hortonworks – We’re also a Hortonworks Silver Level Systems Integration partner
- Redis Labs – Their NoSQL database platform is benchmarked as the world’s fastest database, and we’re excited to partner with them in providing analytics.
- Confluent – The “Powered by Confluent” program employs real-time analytical services on the Apache Kafka platform.
Our work with each of these partners allows us to better delivery the latest in data-related services and ultimate business solutions, to help our clients solve their business problems.
New Additions to the DataFactZ Team!
DataFactz has added new employees in 2016! As a demand for data and analytics services, we’ve expanded our range of solutions and services to address our customers’ needs and priorities.
Our new additions are a combination of proven technology professionals with industry domain expertise and graduates in Computer Science from top schools within USA. These new additions will be part of our Big Data, Data Engineering and Business Intelligence technologies; They will primarily focus on:
- Data Engineering using Apache Spark, Talend and Tableau platforms.
- Big Data Analytics and Data Engineering.
- Data Mining and machine learning using a variety of technologies.
In addition, other new employees that joined DataFactz’ on-site support team as well as offshore, working closely with our customers’ teams to expand their data analytics projects.
Who We’re Working With
DataFactZ has added new clients and expanded its business relations in 2016!
Among our clients we have:
- A entertainment company reaching viewers in more than 220 countries and territories
- A broadband communications company and cable operator in the United States
- A global provider of mortgage and real-estate market risk management solutions
- A travel-related service provider offering a variety of insurance and financial products and services
- The finance subsidiary of a major United States-based automaker
- A global information and technology services company
- A accounting firm that delivers quality in assurance, tax and advisory services with a network of firms in 157 countries
Our company is working hard to support our clients, and excited for the new things 2017 will have in store for us.
Where We’ve Been This Year
This past year, we’ve traveled all over the country t o show business leaders how they can grow their companies using analytics:
- Cassandra Summit is always a highlight for DatafactZ. As one of the best tech conferences around, it always offers technical depth and great speakers. We came back from this even with new ways to deliver truly intuitive and personalized business solutions through Apache Cassandra and DataStax software.
- IBM Edge 2016 offered us a great learning opportunity in the area of generating business growth through cognitive computing, open innovation and hybrid clouds. Highlighting the event was DatafactZ’s Dr. Satyendra Rana in his breakout session titled “Architecting the Future of Cognitive Business”.
- Strata & Hadoop Conference was a deep dive into emerging techniques and technologies from machine learning and analytics for business and technical professionals. We had great opportunities to meet face to face with big data industry innovators and thought leaders from all over.
- Sustech had one of our own leaders, Vivek Vajjala presenting, “A Novel Solution to use Big Data Technologies and Improve Demand Response Program in Aggregated Residential Houses.” Not only was the turnout great, but the conference also offered great new insights to attendees.
- Predictive Analytics World showed advanced methods for predictive analytics in any area, giving us another edge in our innovative applications to clients.
- Hadoop Summit is the event where technology and business comes together as a major force for transformation in industries through big data. As a central enterprise data hub, we had the opportunity to get acquainted with experts from the open source community in Hortonworks, Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, and Big Data Cloud.
- TDWI Solution Spotlight Event- Subject matter experts from TDWI, Forrester, IBM, and DataFactZ discussed Apache Spark as an enabler for modern analytics environments and provided business use cases for Apache Spark on z O/S. Presentations from the event are available here.
We’re Giving Back
Here at DataFactZ we believe that giving back to the community is always a priority, and this holiday season we worked with the Ennis Center for Children. This organization has been around for more than 30 years, and has offered foster care to over 3,500 children and families in crisis every year. This year our employees donated more than 100 toys to the Ennis Center, to help Michigan children enjoy the holidays.
If you’d like to stay up to date with news and tips from DataFactZ experts, follow our blog! We cover topics from choosing the right data technology, to preparing to jump into big data analytics. You can also find data solutions for industries from retail to banking on our Solutions page.